By Janek Bogucki, Alessandro Lacava, Aliaksandr Bedrytski, Matthew de Detrich, Benjamin Neil
Professional Scala presents skilled programmers with quickly tune insurance aimed toward aiding using Scala in specialist creation functions. Skipping over the fundamentals and basics of programming, the dialogue launches at once into useful Scala themes with the main up to date assurance of the rapidly-expanding language and similar instruments. Scala bridges the distance among sensible and object-oriented programming, and this e-book information that hyperlink with transparent a dialogue on either Java compatibility and the read-eval-print loop utilized in practical programming. you are going to study the main points of tooling for construct and static research. You’ll disguise unit trying out with ScalaTest, documentation with Scaladoc, how to address concurrency, and lots more and plenty extra as you construct the in-demand ability set required to take advantage of Scala in a real-world creation environment.
Java-compliant with useful programming homes, Scala's reputation is turning out to be quickly—especially within the speedily increasing components of massive info and cluster computing. This ebook explains every little thing expert programmers have to begin utilizing Scala and its major instruments fast and effectively.
Master Scala syntax, the SBT interactive construct software, and the REPL workflow
- Explore sensible layout styles, concurrency, and testing
- Work successfully with Maven, Scaladoc, Scala.js, and more
- Dive into the complex kind system
- Find out approximately Scala.js
A operating wisdom of Scala places you renowned. As either the language and purposes extend, so do the possibilities for skilled Scala programmers—and many positions are going unfilled. Twitter, Comcast, Netflix, and different significant organizations throughout industries are utilizing Scala each day, in a few diverse purposes and capacities. Professional Scala is helping you replace your abilities quick to begin advancing your career.
By Bashar Abdul-Jawad
Groovy and Grails Recipes is the busy developer's advisor to constructing functions in Groovy and Grails. instead of dull you with theoretical wisdom of “yet one other language/framework,” this e-book delves instantly into fixing real–life difficulties in Groovy and Grails utilizing easy–to–understand, well–explained code snippets. via studying by means of instance, it is possible for you to to choose up on Groovy and Grails fast and use the e-book as a necessary reference whilst constructing functions.
What you’ll learn
- Discover stylish and effective options to universal programming difficulties and net improvement initiatives.
- Get and reuse useful examples for either Groovy language and Grails framework, utilizing the most recent good models of every.
- Perform a variety of improvement projects that conceal the entire net improvement degrees, from View Layer to provider Layer to area Layer.
- Access the wide variety of accessible Grails framework plug–ins.
- Obtain the recipes to combine Spring, Hibernate, SiteMesh, and extra with the Grails internet framework.
Who this ebook is for
This ebook is for Java and internet builders who're to profit extra approximately Groovy and/or Grails and are searhing for real–life, operating examples of the way to accomplish universal programming initiatives in Groovy and Grails.
Table of Contents
- Getting began with Groovy
- From Java to Groovy
- Groovy facts varieties and keep an eye on constructions
- Object-Oriented Groovy
- Working with Databases
- Testing with Groovy
- Miscellaneous Recipes
- Getting all started with Grails
- The net Layer
- The info Layer
- Miscellaneous Recipes
By Jim Jackson, Ian Gilman
About the Technology
About this Book
This ebook assumes you are accustomed to HTML, and concentrates at the intersection among new HTML5 positive factors and Microsoft-specific applied sciences.
buy of the print publication comes with a suggestion of a loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle publication from Manning. additionally to be had is all code from the e-book.
- HTML5 from a .NET perspective
- Local garage, threading, and WebSockets
- Using JSON-enabled internet services
- WCF companies for HTML5
- How to construct unmarried web page net apps
"This ebook speaks on to the pursuits and issues of the .NET developer."—From the ahead by way of Scott Hanselman, Microsoft
Table of Contents
- HTML5 and .NET
- A markup primer: vintage HTML, semantic HTML, and CSS
- Audio and video controls
- The heritage API: altering the sport for MVC sites
- Geolocation and net mapping
- Web staff and drag and drop
- Local garage and nation management
- Offline internet applications
By Thom Frühwirth
Using constraints had its clinical and advertisement leap forward within the Nineteen Nineties. Programming with constraints makes it attainable to version and specify issues of doubtful, incomplete info and to resolve combi natorial difficulties, as they're considerable in and trade, equivalent to scheduling, making plans, transportation, source allocation, structure, layout, and research. This publication is a brief, concise, and whole presentation of constraint programming and reasoning, protecting theoretical foundations, algorithms, implementations, examples, and functions. it really is in accordance with greater than a decade of expertise in instructing and examine approximately this topic. This e-book is meant essentially for graduate scholars, researchers, and practitioners in assorted components of machine technological know-how and comparable fields, together with programming languages, computational common sense, symbolic computation, and ar tificial intelligence. The publication is complemented via a web-page with educating fabric, software program, hyperlinks, and extra. We take the reader on a step by step trip throughout the international of constraint-based programming and constraint reasoning. be happy to hitch in ... Acknowledgements Thorn thank you his spouse Andrea and his daughter Anna - for every thing. He dedicates his contribution to the publication to the reminiscence of his mom, Grete. narrow thank you his spouse N abila and his daughters Shirine and Amira for his or her ongoing help and endurance.
By Art Lew
This ebook offers a pragmatic advent to computationally fixing discrete optimization difficulties utilizing dynamic programming. From the examples awarded, readers may still extra simply be capable of formulate dynamic programming options to their very own difficulties of curiosity. We additionally offer and describe the layout, implementation, and use of a software program device that has been used to numerically resolve all the difficulties provided previous within the publication.
By Glenn Johnson
Dive in for reference the place you would like it—and study the intricacies of constructing sleeker, extra strong, security-enhanced functions in ADO.NET 2.0. that includes code samples in Microsoft visible C# and visible uncomplicated, this reference is going past the basics to assist specialist builders resolve subtle company improvement problems.
Discover how to:
- Examine complex connectivity ideas and most sensible practices—including connection pooling, clustered connections, and asynchronous access
- Use tracing to diagnose software movement and function concerns
- Resolve concurrency conflicts and enforce an information entry layer
- Implement seamless program failover from one Microsoft SQL Server database to another
- Use controlled code and the SQLCLR to create kept approaches, user-defined services and kinds, aggregates, and triggers
- Write potent data-caching code to enhance software performance
- Use the Systems.Transactions namespace to paintings with Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Implement streaming ideas to “chunk” data
- Apply quite a few tips on how to extract and alter XML data
PLUS—Get code samples at the Web
By Ben Dewey
Get a head commence on development apps for home windows eight. With a sequence of examples, this hands-on advisor takes you thru the method of making whole touch-enabled apps that reply to local sensors. throughout the process the booklet, you’ll how to paintings with the home windows Runtime software version whereas construction a Bing picture seek app.
If you’re an skilled .NET developer who desires to wake up to hurry with home windows eight, this publication presents the services and C# code samples you need.
- Get a high-level review of home windows eight features—from the beginning monitor to in-app positive aspects akin to the applying Bar
- Begin via development an easy app to retrieve Bing photo seek effects from an internet service
- Learn in regards to the elements had to whole the app, together with UI layout, the MVVM architectural development, and “tombstoning”
- Take benefit of local OS positive aspects corresponding to tiles, dossier pickers, and sharing requests
- Examine the stairs essential to submit an app to the home windows Store
By James Snell
The net prone structure offers a brand new approach to take into consideration and enforce application-to-application integration and interoperability that makes the improvement platform beside the point. functions, despite working approach, programming language, or the other technical implementation aspect, speak utilizing XML messages over open web protocols akin to HTTP or SMTP. the straightforward Open entry Protocol (SOAP) is a specification that information the best way to encode that info and has develop into the messaging protocol of selection for internet services.Programming internet providers with SOAP is a close consultant to utilizing cleaning soap and different prime net providers standards--WSDL (Web provider Description Language), and UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration protocol). you will research the suggestions of the internet prone structure and get functional suggestion on development and deploying internet companies within the enterprise.This authoritative publication decodes the factors, explaining the ideas and implementation in a transparent, concise kind. you are going to additionally find out about the most important toolkits for development and deploying internet prone. Examples in Java, Perl, C#, and visible easy illustrate the foundations. major purposes constructed utilizing Java and Perl at the Apache Tomcat net platform handle genuine concerns akin to safeguard, debugging, and interoperability.Covered subject parts include:
- The internet companies Architecture
- SOAP envelopes, headers, and encodings
- WSDL and UDDI
- Writing internet providers with Apache cleaning soap and Java
- Writing internet prone with Perl's SOAP::Lite
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) internet services
- Enterprise concerns equivalent to authentication, safeguard, and identity
- Up-and-coming criteria initiatives for net services
Programming net providers with SOAP provide you with all of the details at the criteria, protocols, and toolkits you will need to combine info companies with cleaning soap. you will discover a superb center of data that can assist you boost person net prone or notice new how you can combine center company strategies throughout an enterprise.
By John C. Mitchell
Options in Programming Languages elucidates the significant strategies utilized in glossy programming languages, corresponding to capabilities, forms, reminiscence administration, and keep an eye on. The e-book is exclusive in its entire presentation and comparability of significant object-oriented programming languages. Separate chapters learn the heritage of gadgets, Simula and Smalltalk, and the admired languages C++ and Java. the writer offers foundational issues, equivalent to lambda calculus and denotational semantics, in an easy-to-read, casual type, targeting the most insights supplied by means of those theories. complicated subject matters contain concurrency, concurrent object-oriented programming, application parts, and inter-language interoperability. A bankruptcy on common sense programming illustrates the significance of specialised programming tools for convinced types of difficulties.
By Robert Eckstein, J. Steven Perry
Java builders normally battle through 4 "stages" in gaining knowledge of Java. within the first degree, they research the language itself. within the moment degree, they research the APIs. within the 3rd level, they develop into educated within the setting. it's within the fourth level --"the specialist stage"-- the place issues quite get attention-grabbing, and Java firm top Practices is the tangible compendium of expertise that builders have to breeze via this fourth and ultimate level of firm Java mastery.Crammed with information and tips, Java company top Practices distills years of sturdy event from 11 specialists within the J2EE surroundings right into a sensible, to-the-point advisor to J2EE.Java company top Practices supplies builders the unvarnished, expert-tested recommendation that the guy pages do not provide--what components of the APIs could be used often (and that are higher avoided); dependent suggestions to difficulties you face that different builders have already stumbled on; what belongings you must always do, what stuff you may still reflect on doing, and what belongings you shouldn't ever do--even if the documentation says it really is ok.Until Java company top Practices, Java builders within the fourth level of mastery depended on the recommendation of a loose-knit group of fellow builders, time-consuming on-line searches for examples or feedback for the instant challenge they confronted, and tedious trial-and-error. yet Java has grown to incorporate a tremendous variety of APIs, sessions, and strategies. Now it truly is just too huge for even the main intrepid developer to grasp all of it. the necessity for a written compendium of J2EE top Practices hasn't ever been greater.Java firm most sensible Practices specializes in the Java 2 firm version (J2EE) APIs. The J2EE APIs contain such alphabet soup acronyms as EJB, JDBC, RMI, XML, and JMX.